The Turkey Game
Played using The Turkey Game (Pavo, Pavo) Song from Grade 1 Discs. Found in iTunes playlists or search.
- Learn Song using the Song Learning Procedure
- Begin by walking around as a turkey and listening for students using Good Singing Habits
- On the last word of the chorus “…snatch a feather out!”, choose a student to be a turkey also.
- Each time through the song, the students who are turkeys choose new people to join them as turkeys on the last word of the chorus
- Eventually all students are turkeys, walking on the beat and flapping wings.
- Reverse procedure until all are sitting.
Turkey, Turkey, you will see
You can’t catch me, you can’t catch me.
Gobble, gobble, gobble go,
I’ll catch you quick before you know.
Turkey, turkey, try it, do
We dare you to, we dare you to
Turkey, turkey turn about
or we might snatch a feather out!
Song Learning Procedure:
This may take multiple class times to go through each of the steps. Very few songs can be sung without help on the first day.
- Listen to the song sung as a whole (Usually one verse and chorus)
- Repeat phrases in a call and response form
- Put phrases together to sing larger chunks of the whole
- Sing the whole together
- Work on difficult phrases using “la” “bum” or solfege.
- Sing the song without help.
Hello! You’re here because you want to hear your child sing along with an accompaniment and thank you for looking them to perform for you! I encourage you to sing along as well!